Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Cairo or Bust

Dahab is fantastic, but I only have time for quick updates right now.

First, tomorrow I will be going to Cairo, probably by hitchiking across the Sinai peninsula.

Because hitchiking adds a risk (however slight) I purchased a phone, and will distribute the number via email when I get to Cairo.

Second, signs telling divers to avoid great white sharks may seem unnecessary but are everywhere, which is a bit disconcerting (both that they have sharks and that they feel some people are too dumb to realize not to approach them).

Third, it looks like two of my great travel companions, Luke and Alex, might be dropping out for good. The trip with them has been incredible, and they will be sorely missed.

So it will be a long time before I reach Cairo (8-9 hours directly by bus), but rest assured I will get there, or can at least call for help if I get dropped off in the desert. Again.

Wish me luck!

0 comments:

Post a Comment