Thursday, November 19, 2009

Oh Yea, I Should Probably Blog About That...

My host in Ahmedabad once told me some legendary tale about how India's newly uber-rich drop 10,000 rupees ($225) in a single night at some of Mumbai and Bangalore's hippest and hottest nightclubs.

That's a lot of money by US standards, but an astronomical sum by Indian standards. It's easily a month's rent for a nice apartment. So I took this statement with a large grain of salt.

No longer. Because two nights ago in Bangalore, my host, his Tibetan (lady) friend, and myself went out to a swanky Bangalore nightclub in a five-star hotel.

And he dropped 7,800 rupees ($175) on alcohol for us in two hours.

How can he afford that money? Because he's the epitome of new India: a Bangalore entrepreneur.

And, by his own admission, somewhat of a con man.

0 comments:

Post a Comment