Friday, November 20, 2009

OK, Let's Leave Now

Lonely Planet describes Chennai as "hot as hell." This might be an understatement. I have not met a single person who has lived in Chennai and described the city as enjoyable.

It was so hot that yesterday I went to the movie theater just for the air conditioning. I saw the movie "2012." While to me it was almost unbearably melodramatic and cliche, the crowd whooped and cheered at every plot twist and special effect: so basically the whole movie.

And at one point, someone in the movie mentioned Chennai (what are the odds?) and I thought the crowd was going to riot.

Now, as for me, my goal in Chennai is to get out of Chennai. So today I'll go to the bus station and catch a bus to Kanyakumari (16 hours) if I want to punish myself, or Madurai (8 hours) if I feel OK, or Ponducherry (5 hours) if I'm a wimp.

I let you know my choice tomorrow.

0 comments:

Post a Comment