Monday, November 23, 2009

Sunrise on Cape Cormorin



I woke up at 5am to walk a mile out to the lookout post, so enjoy this picture.

A good start to the day. But I later walked into a trap; specifically, a tourist trap.

Varkala is raved about by Lonely Planet, which is probably why there are so many foreign people here. Which means a tourist town, and tourist prices.

Ugh. It feels a lot like Dahab (Egypt). And I didn't like Dahab.

So I think tomorrow I'm going to move my butt over to Amma-ashram, the ashram (spiritual center) of Amma, the 'hugging mother.' I don't know if she's going to be there, but if she is you know I'm going to sneak in a hug in.

If you've been reading this blog, you know that I've become disillusioned with two of my previously favorite animals: camels and monkeys.

Camels are stupid, smug, and think they're all that, just because they're a camel. Monkeys are just plain evil and vicious.

But one animal is truly golden: elephants. I've seen a few of them meandering on down the road now (sorry- pictures will come soon), and I still can't get enough of them. They're kind, gentle, and politely move out of the way when you walk by.

Basically, everything a camel should be but isn't.

0 comments:

Post a Comment