Monday, November 23, 2009

Tip O' The Hat

I'm normally not a big fan of New York Times foreign affairs columnist Thomas Freidman (I mentioned one of his books earlier on this blog). I greatly prefer CNN's Fareed Zakaria for smart political commentary.

But I concede that Freidman's column in yesterday's Times is great. He is discussing "Grandma's advice" when dealing with China in the 21st century (the so-called 'Chinese Century').

He says: "Remember what Grandma used to say: Never cede a century to a country that censors Google."

I laughed out loud when I read that. So true.

You can find it here. But only read the first half; the rest I don't really agree with. Actually, I don't totally agree with the first half either.

Just read that one line and call it a day.

0 comments:

Post a Comment